Fall Favorite: Baked Chicken with Honey and Apples Recipe
Fall is one of my favored times of the year, with the change of colors and also the plentiful harvest of apples. I like going apple selecting in the fall and appreciating the sweet/sour juicy preference of ruby red apples-right off the tree. Eating apples are likewise a great method to stay healthy as well as trim down for adults and also youngsters, alike. Without hydrogenated fat and also scoring only 65 calories each piece, apples are the perfect snack or lunch partner. They stuff a fiber-filled blow, too, with 3 grams of nutritional fiber, apples made a hit. Consuming nutritional fiber offers numerous health and wellness perks as well as aids lower the risk for producing illness, such as coronary cardiovascular disease, stroke, hypertension, diabetic issues, excessive weight, and certain intestinal diseases, as well as reduces blood pressure as well as lotion cholesterol degrees. Nevertheless, the ordinary fiber consumption for United States kids as well as adults are less compared to one-half of the recommended degrees. The advised day-to-day dietary fiber consumption for kids as well as grownups are 14 grams.
This recipe is among my all-time favorites from expanding up. After a busy day picking (fiber-rich) apples, my mama would make this hearty and tasty baked chicken recipe, so naturally, it located a spot in my brand-new publication, Real Moms Love to Eat: Just how to Conduct a Romance with Food, Slim down and Look Fabulous (New American Library-Penguin Books, January, 2012). Now you can enjoy it as well, gaining the nutritional benefits of the apples as well as the excellent quality amino acid in the poultry!
Baked Chicken with Honey and Apples
- 6 organic or pasture-raised boneless, skinless chick breast one-halfs.
- 1 tbsp olive oil.
- 1/2 sweet onion, cut (like Vidalia).
- 2 organic Nana Smith apples, cored and also cut.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, separated.
- 1 1/2 cups organic apple juice.
- 2 tablespoons honey.
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the stove to 350ºF. Place the chick in a shallow cooking pot.
- Warmth half the olive oil in a huge, deep frying pan over medium heat. Include the onions and chef, stirring sometimes, till tender, about 4 minutes. Add the apples and also chef for regarding a min. Put over the poultry.
- Cozy the staying olive oil in the exact same skillet over medium heat. Stir in the apple juice, honey, and salt. Cook, scratching all-time low of the pot, for 2 minutes. Pour over the apples.
- Bake up until bubbly as well as the chick is not pink in the facility, about 45 mins. Offer with any kind of sauce remaining in the baking pan.
Comments are closed.